At the risk of being shot down for advertising, I'll say:  I use Lace 2000.  To
me, having tried the others, I find this the easiest to use - because of the
amount of "lacemaker" input, it's the nearest thing, in my opinion, to the
traditional way of doing things, by hand.

Imagine the computer screen as a sheet of graph paper, and the mouse button as
a pencil, to put symbols on the page, you simply click on the appropriate
button according to whether you want to put dots or tallies or roseground
symbols on the page, then click on the page.  Minimal computer skills are
needed, although there are a few little tricks, which was why I wrote a book
about it.

Of course, there are many extra buttons and tools you can use to make the job
quicker, but if you only want to use it the basic way, you can.

I once tried one of the CAD programmes, just for the fun of it.  I had the 1
1/2" thick instruction book, plus a smaller book, I think written by Deborah
Robinson (?) especially for lacemakers.   I spent HOURS playing, and finally
managed to put just *one dot* on the page!

Result:  I decided to stick to Lace 2000!!!!
I'll say again - I neither sell, nor do I benefit from sales of the programme -
any work I do in connection with the programme is free, with the exception of
the very small amount I make from the sale of my book.

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

 --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Spiders - this has made me think - how many of
you who design use computer

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search