Sorry if I mislead using the term "mat". All I am doing is making a
rectangle out of a pricking for a corner (using CorelDraw 10). It will
have a fabric inset in the center. It has both a wavy footside and
headside.

>>>You say that you have turned the pricking into a mat.

On looking more closely at the pricking I think that the two-point
exchange could be managed if you think of the innermost footside passive
as a pseudo ring pair, but it looks to me like that might disrupt the
diagonal line of the ground, so it might be best to follow the diagram
and eliminate the extra pinholes in all cases. I think that I'll leave
the pinholes in and try it as the pricking indicates on the first repeat
and see if there is any logic to it, especially since it will be cut off
anyway.

Marcie