Spiders,

I've been thinking about the 'thinking' laces and I suppose that what I love
about lace making is the fact that I can do it if I want to drift and make
lace (simple tape or simple torchon) or I can become engrossed if I want to make
lace (such as floral bucks et al).

Other half asked, when we had only been together for a few months, why I had
so many pillows and bobbins on the go and I simply replied that I ahve a piece
of lace available for whatever mood or difficulty that I felt like doing.

There were the practical reasons such as a smaller pillow for travelling and
demonstrating, but the fun one's such as making on my 24" pillow or doing
honiton.  For me, honiton is not difficult - it is merely time consuming and
requires concentration for the sewings.  However, floral bucks is more demanding
because of the need to watch and interpretate the pattern.

Each piece has a different appeal and quite simply THAT'S WHY I MAKE LACE!!!!
<grin>

Regards

Liz Beecher
I'm <A HREF="http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee";>blogging</A> now - see