On the subject of fine threads; I was at the Lace Guild AGM in Scarborough, North Yorks. ( remember Scarborough Fair?) last weekend and I found on the sales table a reel of Knox's Linen Lace thread size 350/2! It doesn't appear in Brenda's book, so I've sent her a sample. Now the problem is, what do I do with the other 196 yards? Was this the thread which was used for honiton, before cotton was widely available. I am not sure when Knox's was in business. That could be a useful addition to the threads book if those which are not now available had their dates of production noted.
It was a lovely weekend, the sun shone, it was warm and the cliffs were covered in wild primroses in full bloom.
Jean in Cleveland U.K.
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
