In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mary Robi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>I started using the double head, but even though I had pre-wound then hung 
>the bobbins for a day, I had problems with them unwinding. 

I find that the single hitch will hold, without need to resort to double
hitch, if it is hitched appropriately for the way the thread is wound. 
That said, some bobbins, and some threads, won't stay hitched what ever
you do, which is why I rarely use the Springetts bobbins I bought some
fifteen years ago. I haven't tried the International Square bobbins -
but I don't have any problems with the other square bobbins I have.

If your thread is wound clockwise as you look down on the head, if you
hold the bobbin horizontally in your left hand, with the head to the
right, the thread will pass upwards in front of the bobbin and *over*
the top of it - extend your left index finger so that it is parallel to
the bobbin and take the thread over this finger, round and under,
bringing it up (in a forwards direction) between your finger and the
bobbin - you will now have a loop of thread round your finger (the
thread crossing over on itself between finger and bobbin). Place your
finger tip onto the top of the head of the bobbin, and slide the loop
onto the short neck and tighten. (I tend to put my loop onto the wound
thread rather than on the short neck - the springier threads stay put
better). 

If your thread is wound anticlockwise, you need to take the thread from
the bobbin round *under* your finger, behind, up and over then down
between your finger and the bobbin to form the loop - again, put your
finger tip onto the top of the bobbin, slide the loop off your finger
onto the neck of the bobbin and tighten.

If the correct hitch is used for the direction the thread is wound, you
shouldn't have a problem.

-- 
Jane Partridge


-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.0 - Release Date: 31/03/2005

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to