Hi everyone, and thank you Janice for the nice report - yes quiet list
- so... what's everyone else doing in lace?

I'm not going to be doing demos any time soon, but I have a few
projects on the go. They seem to pile up (literally. as I look from my
computer desk, there is a stack of pillows on my lace desk...)

- the one on the bottom is a scarf from Farben und Spitze in silk
weaving yarn. For bobbins I'm using my assortment of Spanish bobbins
which hold a lot of thread, at least 3 yards per, and 6 yards to start
with on the several weaver pairs. I am nearing the quarter-way mark on
the pattern, and on average this project gets my attention most
evenings, for a few pins' worth.
- the middle of the stack is my silk butterfly, the first pattern she
recommends from Ulricke's Butterfly and Moth book. It is picky, and I
like to work at it when I have a stretch of time with no
interruptions. It has reached the halfway point (i.e. one wing done).
At the last session I cut off all unnecessary bobbins, in preparation
for a quiet time when I can sew out the rest.
- the top layer of the stack of pillows is a Milanese project using
white thread. The pattern suggested Egytische Katoen 50/2. In my stash
I have a huge old spool of Coats 6-Cord which is proving to work up
quite well. My work isn't particularly preciser, so my Milanese braids
look erratic. However, it is a nice break from doing Torchon and I
love how the pattern forms between the pins, as you go. This project
will be packed to take to the lace club meeting soon.

Just so no-one is imagining that my pillow-stacking results in bent
pins, etc. - the respective reference books, pin boxes, and cover
cloths provide plenty of spacer material between each pillow :)

--
Bev with several more lace designs in mind, but heading out to the
garden while it's still nice, in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to