It looks too much like the Mexican chocolate stirrers, to me, to be a 
spindle.  The loose rings would get in the way of spinning but are 
usual on the stirrers.  Also, a spindle gets its spinning-capacity from 
the wide disk that puts as much weight as possible away from the shaft, 
while the stirrer has to be narrow enough to go into a cup/mug.  

As a spindle-spinner living near Mexico (meeting many Mexicans and 
having friends and family who've gone there and brought back the 
stirrers), I believe it's a stirrer, not a spindle.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message -----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 It looks to me like it could be a drop spindle for hand 
> spinning. The reason I suggest is that I have spindle that has a 
> notch thingy like that at the top -- can anyone rule that in or 
> out as plausible ? 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to