Hello Spiders,

Janice wrote that she made the lace very slightly larger than the actual
hankie and eased the fabric along the sides and corners to make the lace
fit.

This reminded me of the first Bucks hankie edging that I made. I originally
had planned to make a sample, but I was enjoying it so much that I decided
to continue  it into a square.   I was so pleased with it that I wanted to
enter it into the County Craft show, so I began to  mount the lace on to an
oversize piece of fine cotton fabric.  That's when I discovered that three
sides had 12 heads and the fourth side had 13!! I had lots of 'fun'
stretching three sides and easing the fourth one on to the carefully pulled
thread square.

Funnily enough the judge didn't notice that there were too many repeats in
one edge.  She only saw my straight start which I did because it was only
going to be a sample.

Since that day I've never been worried what judges think of my work. I know
my faults and always say, "I'll do it better next time."

Liz Pass
In Poole, UK
After a beautiful spring day