What are the facts again about the USA helping Flemish lacemakers during the
First World war?  Does it not have something to do with either supplying
thread or selling the lace in the USA?  Then there was some sort of gift to
the USA. As I recall this comes from a book by Kellog (??) about
lacemaking??  I am sure Jeri Ames will know!

Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.