>From 1914 to 1917 Future President Herbert Hoover and his family lived in
>London. When war broke out Lou (his wife) was Herbert's trusted partner at
>this crucial time. She commuted
back and forth between her husband in London and her boys in California
during the war years (1915-16). She was also president of the Society of
American Women in London which undertook various relief projects. She
arranged for the sale of Belgian lace in order to help that industry
survive during the war years.

She was a very interesting lady had her hands and heart in many causes. She is
also the one to blame for all the Girl Scout cookies we love to eat.

Donna in cold Chicago