The CRB did a lot to help the unemployed lace makers in Belgium.  Many
of the laces were sold in the US, but they also went to European
countries and further east.  Devon wrote an aritcle that is in the
Bulletin from a few years ago, although I don't have the time at the
moment to look up which one.  A friend and I live in CA and have been
visiting the Hoover archive and going through the sales slips and
communications about the CRB and the lace they sold.  It is
fascinating stuff.  We are in the process of trying to have a pamphlet
republished of the actual lace, which I will be sure to post about
whenever it is finished.

Kim