I didnt have a foam roller, but I did have a pool noodle, so that's
what is the core of my wee travel bolster. Pool noodle, another chunk
of foam (pool noodles aren't very big) and then a nice thick layer of
felt and covers. The whole thing then gets shoved in a shoebox.
(Between this and my homemade bobbins, I'm a poster child for bobbin
lace on the cheap! But it works!)

It is very light. It loves to wander off on me, but my cookie pillow
is also just ethafoam with a cover, so I'm used to light pillows. I
/love/ being able to set it in a totebag with a flat bottom and carry
it around without two moments thought about the weight of it though.

So I'm all for the plan. It's been working fine for me.

Heather -- who is nervously getting ready to teach bobbin lace for the
first time on the weekend.

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello All!  To get ready for IOLI in Iowa, I need to make a bolster pillow.  
> While I was at the gym, I noticed foam rollers.  Eureka--they are closed cell 
> & seem to hold a pin like an Ethafoam cookie pillow!  Has anyone made a 
> bolster from a foam roller/tube?  I was planning to wrap it in wool before 
> applying a cover.  Is there any reason to reconsider the construction?  It 
> will be very light weight so should I try to add some?  Any suggestions from 
> the experts?  Many thanks.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 
> USA
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
> [email protected]. Photo site:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to