Years ago I made a seriously big bolster pillow from an 18" piece of 8” (20 cm) 
diameter water pipe. I covered it with about 1-½ inches of woollen cloth, and 
put a drawstring cover over that. The great thing is that, being hollow, I can 
keep all kinds of other things inside. When I took it to a demonstration, I had 
my supplies and a lunch in there, plus a light jacket in case the weather 
turned. 

The downside is that it weighs a lot, at least 10 pounds and maybe more, 
because the pipe is comparatively heavy. For a travel bolster pillow, I think 
the original poster’s idea of using a physio roller is a really good one. They 
do come in different materials and sizes, but my own roller is ethafoam, 6” in 
diameter, and if it were padded out with, say, an inch of woollen cloth it 
would be a very nice size, but still very light.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)

> I just made a bolster pillow on a foundation of pvc pipe, the big sewer kind. 
> Works a treat.
> 
> Cynthia
> 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to