Amanda, thank you for your excellent explanation. Happily (for me) I've not been affected because I use gmail and thunderbird.

I do hope that arachne continues as a mail list. It sends messages to me and I don't have to go searching for them. I've looked at facebook, but its so time consuming. Maybe I'm lazy, but I think its because I'd rather be making lace than constantly having to chase up every facebook alert.

Jane, not sure what to make of ending up in your spam box :-). But thank you, I'd wondered about winding up a length of lace. However, I also have Jennifer MacPhersons book with some pretty brooches in it. Decisions decisions - and what nice things to have to decide about.

Best wishes,
Jane
in a dull New Forest