I agree that you cannot always leave the pins in if working a narrow edging on
a roller pillow. For that reason, I changed to a block pillow. But I do think
that thread sets in its position in lace. If you come to your lace one morning,
and find that you made a mistake the previous day, and take it back to that
mistake, you will find that the threads have developed a kink round the pins,
and have "set" into that place.  They will soon take up their new position,
however.

Whether the appearance of the lace is improved by the pins being left in for 24
hours, or not, I do not know. But it can do no harm, when it is possible.

When knitting has to be undone, and the yarn used for something else, it must
be skeined, damped and hung up, weighted to straighten out the kinks resulting
from thevpreviousvknitted stitches.

Kathleen

Sent from my iPad