I was sitting at my lace pillow, moving pins from the back of my lace to my
pincushion, when I started wondering. How long do other lacemakers leave the
pins in their work? When making Torchon or Flanders lace,  I leave the pins
round the edge, and push them right down. I start to remove pins from the back
of the lace after working 1.5 - 2 inches. With finer or non-.geometric lace I
leave them in longer, and try to judge where I think the threads might pull, so
that I can guard against this. What do you all do?

Best wishes
Kathleen
In sunny Berkshire, UK.

Sent from my iPad