Hi Nancy,

Well, taking photographs might deplete one's memory bank but I have to
say that family photos taken, before digital cameras were even thought
of, helped my Mum with her memory as she entered the dementia world.
She would sit for a few hours talking and remembering her life with a
shoebox full of family and holiday photos in her lap.  A cherished
memory of my Mum who passed away in 2006, as I learned lots about my
family that I didn't know!

Cheers,
Shirley T.