Hi
I, too, joined Arachne many years ago.  After a 15 year absence I have
taken up bobbin lacemaking again.  It is great fun to see so many names I
remember from years ago.
Everyone was very helpful  and I learned a great deal from people on this
list.
My favourite types of bobbin lace are Torchon and Bucks, but I have also
done some Honiton and Chrysanthum.  Next I want to try Idrija and
Milanese.
Unfortunately I, too, have developed a pinched nerve or Carpal Tunnel
syndrome in both my wrists so I now limit lacemaking to 15 minutes
at a time and then take a long break.  Sigh!  It has been a great activity
to help pass time during this difficult time of lockdowns due to Covid.
Happy lacemaking.
Shelagh in Ottawa (used to live in St. John's, Newfoundland) Canada