Hi,

I'm quite confused by this discussion and I'm not even sure why there is a
discussion here in the first place...

Wikidata has a help page for almost a year now :
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Help:Monolingual_text_languages where it's
clearly stated new code are ok, as long at it's a valid BCP 47 code and
used in a real case. And it's written : « A language code does not have to
fulfill the requirements of the language proposal policy for new Wikis. »
; and indeed, a lot of lang code where added, AFAIK the lang com never even
» codes where added last year : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T72205 ).

For me this help page seems pretty straigthforward. And more pratically, if
there is no code for Canadian French, people will just keep going to use
the code « mis » with a qualifier like in the given usage example (here :
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q145992 ) which seems way worse to me.

Cdlt, ~nicolas