On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 10:25:48 +0100
Michael Schnell via Lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On 08.11.2017 08:57, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
> > Normally, early december a RC version of pas2js will be released.
> I understand that the issue of this thread is using Lazarus to do a
> server based "Rich Internet" application that shows it's GUI in the browser.

A server is not needed. You can write standalone browser applications
that work offline too. And you can write node.js programs.

> So pas2js is only part of the game.
>
> Other components would be
>   - Allowing for an "Application" (out of the box providing TTimer,
> TThread.Queue/Synchonize etc.) to run on the server without any binding
> to a local GUI framework.

Sigh. Michael, sometimes I got the impression you are stuck in a
loop. Use TFPTimer and TThread.

>   - Communication between the Server application and the part running on
> the brower via a 3rd party web server.

There are various ways since years. What is missing?

>   - allowing for decent Debugging in Lazarus (e.g. via an optional
> built-in web server, which AFAIK already is in place) .

Server debugging is already possible. But I agree, it could be easier.

Client side debugging is working. You can use the browser's debugger to
set breakpoints in the Pascal code and step through.

>   - Lazarus providing a GUI builder for the browser based GUI.

That's a big topic. Some parts already work.

> Moreover IMHO a migration path from Java script in the Browser (pas2js)
> to using WebAssembly in the Browser should be considered.

It has been started in FPC, but no one is working on that.

Mattias