Michael Schnell schrieb:
On 10/17/2014 12:16 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
Googling gives lot of pages saying that cannot is more formal than can't.
IMHO, Open Source projects are not supposed to be "formal" in that way.

I always find it repellent when some software in German uses the formal "Sie" instead of the familiar/colloquial "Du"

I don't like both :-(

In German documentation I'd avoid to address the reader, as far as possible. This also eliminates the problem of sex, in any language, where anti-discrimination and political correctness <shudder> requires the mention both males and females.

DoDi