Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb:

It's usually easier to read a language than to write it, although I'm told that beginners usually send Morse code faster than they can receive it.

Right, even if I can send Morse code, I'm incapable of receiving it at all :-(

The frequently-cited error in comprehending standard English is the worker who thought that drums labelled "Inflammable" were safe to store next to a stove.

Well, U.S. citizens are approved for not understanding even the obvious - like that hot coffee may burn them :-]

Does Lazarus etc. have internationalisation for Esperanto?

Err, isn't that *nationalization*? ;-)

Here my first question were, whether there exists dictionaries for IT terms, for Esperanto and Volapük? Next question, whether it's really wise to translate such terms in IT context. Remember the differences between Brasilian and Portuguese Portuguese?

Even todays German users don't know about the meaning and pronunciation of the "Strg" key, which is usually associated with "string" instead of the intended "Steuerung" (control). Looking at my German keyboard, I'm just finding keys labeld "Enter", "Shift" and "Backspace"! Dunno about the suggested official translation, but "Rücklauf", "Umschaltung" (switch?) and "Rückschritt" (retrogression?) really were meaningless until misleading. AFAIR Russian suffers from even longer words for common English terms. French is another special case, where the government strictly disallows to borrow even technical terms from other languages, what made their brave citicens create many new words that *look* like written French, but *sound* like English :-)

[Note to myself: should get rid of "dunno"]

DoDi