On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> The idea that midday or midnight would cease to have the same meaning to
> an average person is horrid and I would suggest something that some
> politicians would get very worked up about.
>
> In other words, I flat out don't believe that the tinkering with time
> would stop simply because leap-seconds were stopped.

Remember that the politicians already have a mechanism to adjust their
local time to match the hours of daylight to their satisfaction. Time
zones are not going away.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,