On Tue, Apr 11, 2017, at 08:55 AM, James wrote:

> Hi,

> So my colleagues at work feel that I should use GNUCash for accounting
> purpose at work.I have tried using GNUCash but its rather very
> clunky(especially after using Ledger).
> At my work place we process on average 100 transactions a day and our
> ledger can grow quite quickly.  My colleagues argue that GNUCash will
> be easier manage and keep things organized as opposed to Ledger.

I last looked at GNU Cash a decade ago so my opinions are not current.

> I think ledger with orgmode is quite organized. Furthermore the idea
> of having the entire company account in a single text file is very
> intimidating to them so please share your views.

I work with 5 different transaction generating groups in the Fedora
project.  Our transaction count is very very low, but we solved the
potential for problems by providing multiple files.  We have a single
ledger file that just includes all the others.  We happen to store our
files in git (revision control) so we can easily track what happened
when and roll back if needed.

regards,

bex