On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 1:55 AM, James <kunal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> So my colleagues at work feel that I should use GNUCash for accounting
> purpose at work.I have tried using GNUCash but its rather very
> clunky(especially after using Ledger).
> At my work place we process on average 100 transactions a day and our ledger
> can grow quite quickly.  My colleagues argue that GNUCash will be easier
> manage and keep things organized as opposed to Ledger.
>
> I think ledger with orgmode is quite organized. Furthermore the idea of
> having the entire company account in a single text file is very intimidating
> to them so please share your views.
>
>  Appreciate if someone could share their view on this.

I'm a noob for climbing under the hood with ledger but I also very much like
the flat text file format. I'm also under your up to 100 transactions a day
level I'm hitting maybe 20% of that so YMMV!

Perhaps you might have this as a number of different files all from a master
file. So purchasing would have its 25, receiving has its 30, income has its
10 and disbursements has its 25 items each pulled onto a separate file (likely
entered that way into a file for purchasing etc . . .   .) and yet
they are also
part of a master file which has everything. Those that are getting confused by
looking at the whole pile - - give them only their part of it.

For me, besides some cost accounting stuff and maybe some easier way
of track and aging invoicing I don't see much that I want to change.

Regards

Dee