On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 5:48:36 PM UTC-4, Jacob MacDonald wrote:

> I use ledger-mode and it's always instant, albeit with a much smaller
> input file. Have you used the Emacs profiler to see which functions are
> taking inordinate time?

Thanks for this. I've used ledger-mode for ~10 years and until a month or
two ago my experience mirrored yours -- it's been very quick, even as my
ledger file has grown. This is a rather sudden change.

I didn't know about the profiler; I just tried it. I think it's reporting
that ledger-reconcile and ledger-read-account-with-prompt are taking
considerable time to run. But I'm not at all sure that I'm using the tool
correctly.