I think this is a clearer example. This profiles a simple tab expansion of
an account. I type "Expe" and press tab, then wait for this to complete to
"Expenses:" --

- command-execute                                                2909  91%
 - call-interactively                                            2909  91%
  - funcall-interactively                                        2253  70%
   - ledger-magic-tab                                            1576  49%
    - ledger-pcomplete                                           1576  49%
     - pcomplete-completions                                     1576  49%
      - ledger-complete-at-point                                 1574  49%
       - pcomplete--here                                         1574  49%
        - #<compiled 0x431547e1>                                 1574  49%
         - ledger-accounts-tree                                  1571  49%
          - ledger-find-accounts-in-buffer                       1569  49%
           - apply                                               1569  49%
            - #<compiled 0x40f46d6f>                             1569  49%
             - apply                                             1569  49%
              - #<compiled 0x4315470d>                           1569  49%
               - ledger-accounts-list                            1568  49%
                - ledger-accounts-list-in-buffer                 1568  49%
                 - cl-delete-duplicates                          1505  47%
                  - cl--delete-duplicates                        1505  47%

Again, this latency is a recent change, and i really think that it's a
problem in my ledger file (or config), but I can't figure out what I've
done in the file to cause it.