I did have a Chopper once. Good ride.

________________________________
From: "barbaravi...@gmail.com" <barbaravi...@gmail.com>
To: "leedslist@gn.apc.org" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [LU] very NON LU: Citroen aint that shit init..

On 20/07/2011 18:26, Richard Naef wrote:
> Older stuff a bit bland?????  I meant the original DS from the 50's&  60's
> and as for the SM......
> and the 2CV wasn't bland by any stretch of the imagination.

I loved my BX estate, what a fab car - until I ploughed into a milk tanker at
Silsden :-)

My C5 is an "Exclusive" it cost me bugger all and it has all the toys - leather
seats, built in satnav, CD Changer, them really fab bright blue headlights,
cruise control, aircon, a thing for keeping your sunnies in, it's the smoothest
ride in Britain (fnarr fnarr) and whereas others arse about with citroen
engineers I just plug in my Lexia3 and the laptop does the rest.  The electrics
are really reliable and the engine just goes on and on.

I have done 60,000 miles in the past two years in all weathers and all I've
bought is a cambelt,  3 litres of FAP Eolys, a second hand swinging arm and
some drop links.  £400 quid all in!  For the two MOTS I have bought £27 quids
worth of brake shoes.  It's a 2.2 HDI (and yes it has the fap) which returns
just under 50mpg on an average dash down the A9 etc. and 43 round town.

The car cost me just under £3k from a local dealer and I reckon it owes me
nowt.  It now shows 105k on the odometer and I expect to add another 50k before
I donate it to a local farmer for his chickens.

She's called Sophie after the first French HST (wasn't the other Patrick?) and
if you break a leg at worldnet you'll probably travel in her to the LGI without
noticing the atrociously maintained English roads :-)

Betty