I am a family history volunteer, consultant, LDS member.  each of us has a
specific time that we work, mine was always 10:00 a.m. till noon every friday
and usually there are 2 to 4 volunteers there.  One of our dear sweet elderly
volunteers was very much against using any program but PAF and would even get a
bit hostile at times.  I would usually show the visitor the three or four
computers running Legacy so they could use those.  One thing you might do if it
is a small family history center with only one or two workers is to go at a
different day / time and see if someone else is there.  We had a lady on
Wednesdays that we all referred to as the Legacy person and was always
recommended for people with a lot of Legacy questions !!  hope this helps.

from marilyn in Utah

> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:43:29 -0500
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> From: carnea...@adelphia.net
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Family History Center
>
> This is -almost- off topic, to me.
>
> I took a copy of my Legacy family file with me to our local family
> history center. The librarian there had never heard of it- and pushed
> PAF as hard as he could, trying to shoot down Legacy every way he could.
>
> It is easier to cooperate than to fight <g>- so I have a question
> please: Has anyone converted from a Legacy family file to a PAF
> family file, used that file at a FHC, and when you get home, import
> back into Legacy all right? How do you convert safely? That is, not
> lose any events that are not standard to PAF but are all right with Legacy?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Robert

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009