Robert,

Since all Family History Centers (FHC) are staffed by either volunteers or church members who have been assigned to the work, the responses you would receive if you visited other FHCs would differ from one to the other.

I volunteer at a FHC and always promote Legacy because the standard edition is free and that allows newcomers to try it without any financial commitment. It is like what used to be said for shareware -- "Try it before you buy it". I find that when the newcomers return to the FHC they often tell me that they have paid the fee to receive the deluxe version because they found that they liked the program.

As for PAF, while it is a good product for what it did, it is no longer being updated by the Mormons as they have moved to a web portal for their church members to enter their Temple Ready work. No new edition of PAF has come out in several years and they are not planning to do so from what I had heard.

As an FHC volunteer, I used to have to show them how to use PAF and then how to begin their Temple Ready work. That is no longer the case with their new web portal as they don't even use PAF to enter their basic data.

So, I regularly promote Legacy. Maybe I should ask for a sales commission?? <GRIN> Just joking here!

Cathy