Family Insight will work between PAF and Newfamilysearch without a new program.

Also for those making a trip to SLC, you can download Legacy onto the computers here and use it. Every night the computer system wipes clean what has been entered. Just remember to reset your preferences. I didn't think to reset double-dating and thought I had lost all that info. As soon as I ticked the box, it was back and all was as before.

Charlotte

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Cox <ct...@getgoin.net>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Sat, Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Family History Center

<<Has anyone converted from a Legacy family file to a PAF
family file, used that file at a FHC, and when you get home, import
back into Legacy all right? How do you convert safely? That is, not
lose any events that are not standard to PAF but are all right with Legacy?>>

Legacy will read PAF directly. I would import a GEDCOM to PAF, do whatever you need to at the FHC, then use Legacy to convert that into a NEW copy of your program. Then import only the new stuff into your Legacy program (Split screen lets you see both files side by side). Then tell the FHC director that Legacy will provide the deluxe version free to the FHC, so she can see what it has. You might also remind the FHC that PAF is not going to be upgraded to work with =0
new.FamilySearch.org, so they will have to find another program to work with the new church software.

-- Carl ct...@getgoin.net

Legacy User Group guidelines:   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp  Archived messages:   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/