And I ditto these comments from Ron.  This is the same approach that I
adopted quite awhile ago.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of ronald ferguson
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:52 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Moving Street Addresses and Location Names from
Location

Bill,

I regret to say that you are likely to get many conflicting answers to this
one!

Personally, I only use the Address Fields as an address book - hence only
for living people. I include the full address in the Location Field, in
which I include House, and Street as well as Town, City, County, Country
(I'm from England).

Why? Mainly because the Address Fields do not appear in many reports. I also
find the mapping, in general, more accurate when the full address is in the
Location Field.

Whilst some believe in trying to get the use of the Address Fields improved,
I'm afraid I would rather adopt a pragmatic approach :-).

New Tutorial: Embed a Blogger RSS feed on your webpage

http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> From: whbosw...@gmail.com
> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Moving Street Addresses and Location Names from
Location
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:54:00 -0400
>

> I know this is going to be
> confusing which is why I can't find it in the Help of Legacy. I looked at
> a tutorial online at the Legacy website and found that it was recommended
> that cemetery names be moved from the Buried field leaving only the city
> and state. A spent a long time putting them there in FTM 2009 because it
> seemed appropriate, but I can understand why they shouldn't be there
> now.
>

> Multiple Questions on this
> one:
>

> 1) I tagged all the
> cemeteries that need to have their name moved by clicking on the plus
> sign. Is there a way I can first show all the tagged items and start
> moving cemetery names from there. I can't find anything within the program
> that lets you show tagged items only so what's the point of tagging if you
> can't?
>

> 2) Should this be
> done for all locations including residences where the person lived? I have
> a lot of those and just started, but didn't finish because I don't want to
have
> to revert back with hundreds of them.
>

> 3) Are mailing list
> addresses just for living people or residences where the person lived
(i.e.,
> census, death notices, etc.). This question kind of goes with item
> 2.
>

> 4) Master List
> Location list: only city and state?
>

> I'm finding this very
> confusing. I think I'm going to have to purchase and download the PDF
> manual then read the entire thing.
>

> Bill
> Boswell

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/