On 2012/10/28 00:11, Ronald Bernier wrote:

> My mail reader is definitely not web based but I get emails with these weird
> symbols also.  I assure you my mail reader is not "stuck in the past", so
> that doesn't seem to be the definitive answer.

Oh look! Pat Hicklin's original message contains these headers:-

And here's the first line of text:-

As a matter of curiosity, can someone tell me what =E2=80=9CSource List Nam=
e=E2=80=9D you
would give for the citation for the event described?

Or, the HTML version in the same message:-

t Name=E2=80=9D you would give for the citation for the event described?</d=

Your 'weird' characters are in fact, strange versions of double quotes. When I
quote Pat's message you'll see this

> As a matter of curiosity, can someone tell me what “Source List Name” you
> would
> give for the citation for the event described?

Teach your 'advanced' reader to understand UTF8!

--
Regards,
Mike Fry