On 2013/10/21 03:04, Kathy Thompson wrote:

> The earlier marriage in Madderty reads:
> 1766 Aug 31 Robert Marshall in this parish and Elizabeth Lawson of Gask parish
> were proclaimed _?_ _?_   (I can't make out the last two words but since I
> can't
> post images to the group.....)
>
> The later in Findo Gask reads:
> 1766 Sept 10 Robert Marshall in the Parish of Maddarty and Elizabeth Lawson in
> this Parish were booked in Order to Marriage and as usual gave to the Poor

I've no experience with Scottish records. Their laws are very different to those
applied by the Established Church in England and Wales. But to me, it looks like
others have opined: an actual marriage followed by the recording of the marriage
in the second parish. You should probably take this to a mailing list or
newsgroup dealing with the interpretation of Scottish records.

That deals with the generally OT Discussion. Now, back to how to handle the
events in Legacy :-)

Two events would be my solution. Pending more informed information about
Scottish records, the 'normal' marriage and, as Ron ventured, an Alt. Marriage
event. The second event can always be adjusted (read replaced) at a later time.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry