If the couple divorced and remarried, just add a second marriage -
it's as simple as that. You "end" the first marriage and then add the
second marriage with the new date. You can add a marriage note in the
second marriage about the reason why they remarried. I don't think a
note is necessary for the first marriage, unless you want to write
something about that specifically and why they divorced.

I have a contemporary situation where the kids decided for some reason
that they didn't want anyone to know about their real wedding date and
wanted a fancier public wedding a year later and wanted the second one
to be the known and celebrated date. I put the first wedding in and
marked it as Private with a note that this was the registered marriage
and they "publicized" and celebrated the second marriage, which,
although was a real marriage, wasn't registered with the state.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree