I wonder if it has anything to do with Windows settings?  I know that
our programmers don't have any control over the highlight color (sure
wish they could make it lighter!). On both my Vista laptop and my Win7
desktop, the letters turn white when the row is highlighted.

I tried several color schemes in Legacy and having the gender colored
red for females and blue for males and again, it's always white under
the highlight.

My favorite color scheme is Brown Gradient.

The only thing I can suggest is playing around with Legacy color
schemes and Windows color schemes.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support