I had a problem with one version of Legacy where duplicate sources were
created by the program by adding "hidden" format data to existing source
info that was visible on the preview screen. Could see it in the
preview, but if I opened the source notes, they were not visible. Once I
opened the source notes and closed the source in a later version of
Legacy, the hidden format data was removed, and then I had two identical
sources which could be merged. Strange things can happen when
programmers make mistakes!

Jay Ingalls