On 3 Sep 2016 at 13:05, Margaret Gagliardi wrote:

> When I am entering data on the "Individuals' Information" screen, there is an
> option to check "THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS NO RELATIONSHIPS AND NO CHILDREN" if that
> individual never married.  It helps me to quickly identify when I am looking
> at that entire family, for those children that did not marry. However, then
> when I am creating reports such as a Descendant Book, it prints that wording
> out.  It reads very funny, so I would like to change it to say  "This person
> never married".  However, there is no edit option for this particular entry to
> enable me to change the wording, that I can find. Does anyone know how to
> change this option throughout the program and make it a default?

It always used to say something to the effect that the person never married
and had no children.

I suppose the new wording takes care of those who never married but might
have had children, but as you say, it also implies that they had no parents,
siblings or other relatives either.

Possibly someone pointed out that it was possible to have children by having
sexual relationships outside marriage, but there are also people who DID have
sexual relationship-s and had no children, so perhaps the "Never married and
had no children" was better for the vast majority.

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: sha...@dunelm.org.uk