I was a heavy user of the mapping feature and was in the middle of a large
verification project which has now had to be put on the back burner.

What concerns me though is that we have heard very little from Millennia
about this. Are they doing a work-around? Or perhaps doing a re-write to
use Google maps instead (my personal preference)?

It would just be nice if they kept us in the loop as to what was happening.