Hi in the group

I experience the same startup delay problem with Legacy version 9.0.0.443 on Windows 11

Best Regards

Jan B. Hansson

------ Original Meddelelse ------
Fra "David Cripps" <cripp...@aussiebb.com.au>
Til "Legacy User Group" <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Dato 15-11-2023 07:02:30
Emne [LegacyUG] Legacy slow to start

Hi Everybody,

I have a strange issue with a brand new Desktop computer, wherein Legacy itself
might take 20-30 seconds to load at first start of the day.
It's quite disconcerting when it happens, especially as this machine should be
(and is) an absolute flyer.

My old desktop clunker was getting a bit long in the tooth, so the guts of my
upgrade is:

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz
Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB, M.2 NVMe
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Home, Ver. 23H2, 64 bit
Legacy 9.0.0.443 with 10,000 names

I'm reaching out to see what others think of this, and I wondering the obvious
simple thing, like, is it an issue of a lack of memory ? Should I double it to
64 GB ? Or make the RAM larger ?

The re-install of Legacy went fine, and without issue, and I continue to carry
on my research, do backups, and the odd bit of editing. As I said after the
first start of Legacy, all's well, and I can work away all day if I like.

I thought there might be a slim chance this issue has been dealt with before
and resolved by a simple tweak, so I'd love to hear the technical types throw
their solutions my way.

Many thanks
David Cripps in Tasmania

-- David Cripps <cripp...@aussiebb.com.au>
Hobart, Tasmania
Gedmatch: EH6082465 & Gedcom ID: 3475815
FTDNA: N10906