On Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:23:20 AM UTC+7, gcrosswhite wrote:

> generic Leo files cannot be merged automatically.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by this.  It is true that you don't want to
> merge an outline when you have a number of open nodes and some cloned nodes
> for personal purposes, but if you close all the nodes then it is easy to
> commit just the parts of the outline relating to e.g. new/removed files,
> etc.

I understood him to mean that while it is straightforward to share the @
<file> output files, it is difficult to share outline information contained
in the .leo files themselves, as the XML doesn't lend itself to merging.

I'm interested in your suggestions for working around this issue, however
I'm not following what you mean by:
"merge an outline" "committing (parts of) outlines" - do you mean data
stored in sentinels or in .leo files?
to "open" or "close" nodes ?

Perhaps it would help if you could describe your workflow's operations in
terms of actual commands, steps using Leo commands or menu items?