> Close all nodes, save .leo file, commit only the portions that need to be
> shared (i.e., don't commit any personal clones of nodes you may have made for
> your own projects).

I do not understand. What is the meaning of the word "close" in this
context? Do you mean to collapse the outline?

How to you commit "portions"? I was talking about the Leo file, so I
can only commit the whole Leo file, or nothing. I am not talking about
any files that are only linked into Leo via @file or similar - I do
not have problems with the VCS concerning normal text files, but as
far as I understood, generic Leo files (albeit also text files),
cannot be merged safely in general - we had this discussion before.
Someone even suggested to merge FOSSIL and Leo as a solution.

- Josef