Josh wrote:
> hda is my Windows XP, without which, i couldn't have joined this
> mailing list or search for information online.  I chose to completely
> preserve the MBR (and all of my first hard drive) as it is my lifeline
> if something goes wrong.  The next task at hand is to figure out how to
> tweak the windows boot.ini file to default boot my LFS system.  After
> that I can modify any and all linux configuration files to suit my
> tastes.  Once I've accomplished that, it's on to the BLFS book. :-D

To be honest, it's probably easier to get grub to boot windows than it
would be to get windows to boot your LFS system. Google for it. :) Once
you find the command to do it in grub you can test it from your rescue
disk. Once you've tested it and are happy with the results, you can then
 install grub to the MBR of hda.

--
JH