On 06/08/2017 05:57 μμ, Alan Feuerbacher wrote:
On 8/5/2017 10:58 PM, Thanos Baloukas wrote:

I'm going to buy a new system to speed up lfs builds. From what I read
the new AMD Ryzen 7 1700 would be a good choice for this job. Has anyone
tested this processor on lfs?

In early May I bought a new ASUS TUF motherboard, Intel 3770 processor,
and 32G of ram. LFS builds quickly on this new system. I would think
that the new AMD processor would be similar.

Thanks. My concern is not that much on speed, various benchmarks
I've seen show it's fast enough. What I have in mind is stability
and compatibility. Segmentation faults, software produced not running
on other machines and such.

--
Thanos