On Sun, 2017-08-06 at 17:56 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> For Ryzen, I hope to get one - but I need to sort out various things
> first (e.g. my KVM switches and monitors all use D-SUB, I don't see
> me coming up with a quick solution to that).  But in the last week I
> remember seeing a post on lkml about problems with Ryzen, and it
> seems there are a lot of reports.
>
> One thread starts at
> https://community.amd.com/thread/215773?start=0&tstart=0
> and it looks as if segfaults are common.
>
> Other reports, e.g. at phoronix, note that some users are seeing the
> problems and others aren't.

Yeah, the issue has blown up over the last week or so, and there
doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity yet...

It's probably not helped by the fact that a lot of the reports are
probably different problems - some might represent a genuine Ryzen
problem, others could be bad RAM, others software bugs, etc... there
are so many possible causes for segfaults.

Simon.