I'm not sure what you're trying to say here exactly.

Tor doesn't "apply a patch" to TBB, AFAIK. They build on top of Firefox ESR.
The current Firefox ESR17 (and the current TBB) have the bug fixed that
everyone is talking about. If you're current, you're safe.

So, then the problem becomes: why aren't people running the current version?

As to the rest of what you said, that has nothing to do with anything I said. I
didn't comment on Tor, its usefulness, or anything else. My comments were about
the current situation with a Javascript exploit and the TBB. If you want to
talk about this other thing, enjoy but it has nothing to do with me. My focus
is Firefox.

Al

--
Al Billings
http://makehacklearn.org

--
Liberationtech list is public and archives are searchable on Google. Too many