I don't think there such a beast "a sensible defensive restriction".

Steve

Bob Giramma wrote:
> 
> 
> I merely observed the reality of leaders using war to justify police 
> state actions. I noted elsewhere my opposition to the Patriot Act and 
> TSA. I could go on and name other police state acts I don't like, but 
> I'm hoping that suffices. I could tolerate some sensible defensive 
> restrictions, but that's not what the government has done for the most part.
> 
> From: Steve
> Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 11:37 PM
> To: [email protected] <mailto:Libertarian%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: How much of a police state would a libertarian find acceptable? 
> Re: [Libertarian] Stop the War FOR Terror
> 
> What are you saying, that it's a good thing to be 19th? Are you saying
> that loss of freedmen is something that you find acceptable? How much
> of a police state to you favor?
> 
> How much of a police state would a libertarian find acceptable?
> 
> Steve
> 
> Bob Giramma wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > I read elsewhere the US loses many points for its quasi-police state
>  > policies associated with the wars. That's typical of all nations at war,
>  > as they tighten up security in response to threats -- both real and
>  > perceived. For example, Israel would be ranked far higher if they didn't
>  > have war imposed on them every day of their existence. Switzerland is
>  > fortunate to be surrounded by advanced and civilized people these days,
>  > making freedom a lot easier.
>  >
>  > From: Peter
>  > Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 6:36 PM
>  > To: [email protected] 
> <mailto:Libertarian%40yahoogroups.com> 
> <mailto:Libertarian%40yahoogroups.com>
>  > Subject: Re: [Libertarian] Stop the War FOR Terror
>  >
>  > And if you look at the Indiividual Freedom rank, US is down at 19....
>  > and several are tied at higher levels, so its 19th rank, not even 19th
>  > country. Not very imporessive!

-- 

Steve - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march
to truth we must still march on." --Stopford Brooke

Reply via email to