Bob,

Since I am a member, I take offense at your negative
characterization of us as "fringe-element libertarians". That's
the second unwarranted characterization you have made. Previously
it was "fundamentalist libertarians". But since your basis for
"fundamentalist" did not stand up to scrutiny and you had to drop
it, it looks like you are now trying out a new pejorative. So how
about showing us your basis for "fringe"? Vague mentions of
evidence don't count. You should know the routine by now. 


----------------------------


My interaction with real-world libertarians and libertarian
literature provide evidence to me that this forum is
disproportionately populated by libertarian fringe elements.
I've been an LP member for over a decade in two states.  I've
seen enough to be confident I am well within the ideological
spectrum.

Keep in mind that we've been discussing mostly just topics of
controversy and disagreement.  I bet we'd mostly agree on the
party platform or other metrics that combine a wide array of
policy issues.  I am opposed to total anarchy, but my ideal
country would strictly adhere to a contract somewhere in between
the Constitution and Articles of Confederation.  It would be
quite limited, which is what all libertarians want.


From: Steve 
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:00 AM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [Libertarian] Stop the War FOR Terror


<snip>

Bob, you don't sound like a libertarian, but a statist and
Zionist. You 
don't seem to have any points in common with most if not all 
libertarians in the forum.

Reply via email to