Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:20:16 -0500
From: Michael Van Donselaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A  Few Wireless Networking Questions

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:41:03 -0700,  Ed Padin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:13:55 -0400
>From: Ed Padin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: A  Few Wireless Networking Questions
>
>Well, I got my home DSL going and now would like to get my libretto going to
>it via wireless. I'd like to web surf from my hammock. :-)

Ed,

Forgive my evangelism, but immediately purchase a pair of WebGear
Aviator cards.  Actually, purchase one for each computer you own.  I
used to use the IBM Lan Entry adapters, but these are 8x as fast, and
2-3x the range.

I have an old 486 running Linux as my gateway.  Two ethernet cards+ one
Aviator.  One ethernet card goes to the DSL modem (one static IP), one
to the home wired network (192.168.1.x).

My wireless net is 192.168.3.x.  My wife's Compaq Armada and my Lib70
both have Aviators.

The only problem with your hammock scenario is that the display washes
out in midafternoon.

Email me if you need any advice.  The linux driver is here:

http://world.std.com/~corey/raylink.html




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to