Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 16:55:56 -0500
From: Michael Van Donselaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A  Few Wireless Networking Questions

On Mon, 1 May 2000 11:51:03 -0700,  Jim Sheafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 14:42:12 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Jim Sheafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: A  Few Wireless Networking Questions
>
>On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Michael Van Donselaar wrote:
>
>mvand >One other small gotcha in my setup: the card will not always join the
>mvand >network when  the machine is cold booted with the card inserted.  When
>mvand >this happens, the card status is attempting acquisition.
>mvand >
>mvand >Doesn't seem to be a problem if I boot w/o the card, and insert after
>mvand >initialization. Has anyone else seen this?
>
>What OS? Winder's can't resume with a card in (or resume when a card was
>in) after hibernation - Linux can. Maybe winders has a problem with cold
>booting with a card in. I am always very careful, and never have a problem
>- insert after boot, remove before shutdown, but after stopping the card
>in the pcmcia services thingie in the tray.

Oops, I was unclear about that: the problem is with the Linux box.

Actually, I have no problem whatsoever with suspend/resume under Win98.
My wife's Armada has not been rebooted for the past week, but has
undergone ~ 10 suspend/resume cycles all with the Aviator in the slot.

>What version of webgear drivers?

Win98 Networking properties sez v1.1

I am using Mandrake 7.0 with pcmcia ver 3.1.10 on my firewall.

I upgraded another box to ver 3.1.14 and have the same problem.




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to